Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just for the Record

The running conversations running in my head. They're the unsolved ones that won’t go away because it’s easier to hold on to the comfort of 'my point of view', and 'to be right' as I’m "feeling wronged", misunderstood, and certainly unappreciated.

How to get to the high road...not to keep massaging the same old, same old, same old?
It's the sad, blaming, what about me record that migrants into every corner and crevice.

So I've decided to cut a new record and by doing so to set the record straight. My new tune is to say what I mean and to mean what I say. I'm practicing standing up for myself in all of my relationships. And I'm noticing what's happening. I'm being clearer in all the areas of my life. I'm even asking the difficult questions I have feared to ask. The great thing is everything starts to feel cleaner, direct, and transparent without hestation or couching. There are no broken records. New songs are being sung and recalibrated relationshps are being created daily and they feel just right.

Jill Butler
www.jillbutler.com
author/ Illustrator
Create the Space You Deserve
plus three illustrated France travel guides

No comments: